Sunday, August 8, 2021

CHIEF POLE YALUMA CALLS FOR PAYMENT FOR AWARDS, RETRENTCHMENT, RETIREMENT AND RESIGNMENT

Dear Sir,

REF:  PAYMENT FOR AWARDS, RETRENTCHMENT, RETIREMENT AND RESIGNMENT FOR CR. POLE YALUMA.

Chief Pole with his 6th wife


I am Councilor Pole Yaluma of Lumusa LLG in the Mul Baiyer Lumusa District. I am the current ward councilor for Kissan Clan of the Poma Tribe.

I am married with six wives and I have fourth generation in my family today and am growing old, hundred – seventeen (117) years old (1904-2021).

Brief history on leadership I provided on services during colonial times up until now.

1.      In 1932, the district commissioner of Wapenamanda appointed me a Bos Boi to look after the 16 tribes of Lumusa District when that time Lumusa was part of Wapenamanda District. I was a young man not even married. My job included awareness on Government services that are to come and enforce Law and Good Order in their communities. I was a Bos Boi for 9 years (1932- 1940).

2.       1941, the district commissioner of Wapenamanda appointed me a Luluai to look after 16 tribes of Lumusa District Commissioner for big penalties. I was Luluai for 11 years (1941- 1952). That time, I was already married with three (3) wives with 8 children.

One of my tasks was bringing the convicted (kalabus lain) from home (Lumusa to wapenamanda). It took me 2-3 days to travel.

3.      In 1953, for the first time, I contested the LLG elections under POMA census division in Lumusa District and won successfully. That’s true, I was assigned to look after only 10 tribes for 10 years (1953- 1963).

4.      In 1963, the 10 tribes further divided and the and given a council wards each. The ward was Lai Isamanda, which was later, change to Penapaisa No. 1 as it called now a day. I am a councilor for 66 years (1953-2019).

I was very instrumental in services delivery during colonial days even to this day, though I am growing very old, I’ll die a happy and satisfied man after all this changes.

AWARDS

I was only awarded with 3 medals without any money for the job that I’ve done very well.

SERVICES

Following are some of the services that took place during my time and of course, I have my say in them.

National Projects;

1. Wapenamanda Airport

2. Wapenamanda Kompiam Road

3. Hagen, Wabag, Pogera Highway

4. Hagen, Baiyer Zoo roadWe built those roads using sticks and stones.

We have to walk long distances for days. We risk our lives, some even got sock and died.

The national Road projects were started in the years 1940 to 1969.

The provincial Road projects were started in the years 1970s to 1980s.

The 90% services established were through hard work and sweat by few leaders including myself into the Districts.

NATIONAL BOUNARY FOR LUMUSA.

For the last 57 years (1940 – 1996) Lumusa District was entirely part for Wapenamanda District of Enga province with a total population of 10, 000.

In 1996, the boundaries commission had made Lumusa part of Mul Baiyer District of WHP and for the first time in 1997 we voted in WHP now, 22 years in WHP from (1997- 2019).

CONCLUSION

In 1944 to 1970s, I collected taxes from people I worked without pay and sometimes without food. I risk my life and my family to do government.

I should have been compensated by the government. Past Governments did not recognize me. I am old now that I want to resign now and am asking for the governments blessing by honoring me for services provided for 87 years including 66 years as a councilor.  

Finally, I pray that God will continuously raise good leaders and bless them fully.

 

……………………………………….

CR. POLE YALUMA

 

Cc: President – Lumusa LLG

Cc: Governor WHPG

Cc: Open MP Mul Baiyer Lumusa

Cc: D/A Mul Baiyer



No comments: